“The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) is the UK’s leading general insurance intermediary organisation representing the interests of insurance brokers, intermediaries and their customers.”
BIBA was formed in 1977, merging four separate trade bodies and creating what is now the Insurance industry’s most powerful voice, with membership of almost 2000 regulated firms, who employ more than 100 000 staff.
Is your broker a member?
Look for the BIBA Member logo on your broker’s website and documents, or ask them about their membership.
BIBA has created a voluntary code of conduct for its members:
- ABIDE BY ALL RELEVANT LAWS, PRINCIPLES AND REGULATIONS. Understanding and ensuring we comply with regulatory principles and work within the law.
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY AND HONESTY. We should conduct ourselves in a fair, reliable, trustworthy and respectful manner with all our stakeholders.
- ACT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF EACH CLIENT. We have a duty to act in a manner which pays due regard to the best interests of each client and ensure decisions and recommendations are based on a clear understanding of their needs, priorities, concerns and circumstances.
- ACT WITH SKILL, CARE AND DILIGENCE. We act at all times with high levels of skill, care and diligence.
Benefits of using a BIBA member
Brokers who are members of BIBA have access to the association’s extensive information resources, support services and discussions, which help them to provide top competitive services and insurance products.
BIBA supports its members in putting customers first, and is committed to the evolution of the insurance industry to meet customer needs, as well as the requirements of our changing world.
Terrorism and Travel Insurance
BIBA’s 2017 Manifesto recognises the changing nature of the threat of terrorism, and notes the increased costs created by terrorism, “not only to those who have been directly affected but also to those caught up in the knock-on effects.”
The association is committed to working with its members, government, and the entire insurance industry, to help raise awareness of terrorism, and to promote advice about how to manage these risks – and where to find suitable insurance solutions.
As the UK’s first comprehensive terrorism travel insurance policy, and as a BIBA member, International Travel and Healthcare Limited and their specialist travel insurance scheme called Safe Journey, supports this initiative wholeheartedly.
We believe every traveller should have access to travel insurance that covers terrorism at an extremely accessible cost (from just £4.96 per person) – and we believe travel insurance should include disinclination to travel if an attack takes place within 40 miles of your booked travel route or accommodation, up to 6 weeks before your departure. For full details of Safe Journey cover, as well as terms, conditions and exclusions, visit our Policy Wording.
Recent Blog Posts
- UK Government Coronavirus Campaign
- Looking Forward To 2021 Journeys
- The Changing Face Of Terrorism
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 9/3/2020
- New Laws To Make Us Safer
- Coronavirus Update: 25/2/2020
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 25/2/2020
- Terrorism In The Maldives
- Coronavirus Update: What YouNeed To Know
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 10/2/2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016