Have we mentioned how happy it makes us to have no acts of terrorism to report on a Monday morning?
There are still political and weather-related warnings though, and as always, it's important to be alert and informed at all times.
Being prepared (not scared) means we must continue to look out for suspicious items and activities, and always have a "Plan B" in place for emergencies when we travel for greater peace of mind.
TRAVEL SAFETY: INDIA
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) reports that tensions between the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu over Cauvery River water sharing continue.
"If you’re in or travelling through Karnataka or Tamil Nadu you should be vigilant, avoid protests, monitor local media and follow the advice of the local authorities and your travel company."
Durga Puja Festival
The "Durga Puja" Festival begins in Bengal on 8 October. If you're attending, the FCO advises that it will be extremely crowded, so take care and follow the advice of local authorities.
Advice Against Travel
FCO advice against travel, or against all but essential travel, remains in place for the following areas:
- Immediate vicinity of the border with Pakistan (other than Wagah)
- Jammu and Kashmir - with the exception of travel within the city of Jammu, travel by air to Jammu, and travel within the region of Ladakh
- Srinagar, and travel between Jammu and Srinagar on the national highway
Remember that travelling to an area for which the FCO has advised against travel, or against all but essential travel, makes most travel insurance invalid.
UPDATE: DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO
SINGLE PARENT FAMILY COVER
WHEREVER YOU GO
Keep up to date with the latest information for your destination and remember that although the information provided in these travel alerts is correct at the time of publication, it can change at any moment!
Always check FCO advice before you book AND before you travel, and ensure that you're able to make informed decisions.
Have a safe week, wherever you go.
Recent Blog Posts
- UK Government Coronavirus Campaign
- Looking Forward To 2021 Journeys
- The Changing Face Of Terrorism
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 9/3/2020
- New Laws To Make Us Safer
- Coronavirus Update: 25/2/2020
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 25/2/2020
- Terrorism In The Maldives
- Coronavirus Update: What YouNeed To Know
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 10/2/2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016