Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the horrific suicide bombing in Manchester last night – our thoughts are with you all.
A line has been set up by the police for anyone still looking for friends or family members in Manchester: call 0161 856 9400 or 0161 856 9900.
Transport in Manchester
- Manchester Victoria Station is closed today (23 May)
- All trains into this station have been cancelled until further notice
- Metrolink trams are running through the station, but are not stopping.
- It is expected that normal schedules will resume tomorrow (24 May).
- The airport is open and fully operational.
- Access to the airport hasn’t been blocked, but do allow extra travel time to get there.
- If you’re planning to travel in by train to Victoria, you’ll need an alternate route – we recommend getting to one of the many Metrolink stations to take a tram into Manchester Airport.
- If you’re driving, please note that a large part of the City centre is closed to traffic as Greater Manchester Police are still working at the scene and the surrounding area.
This is also affecting parts of the inner Ring Road, so stay on the M60 and head for the M56 without cutting through the City Centre.
Please be vigilant, and follow any instructions given by police or security officers. Reports have confirmed that investigations are ongoing to determine whether the attacker acted alone.
Safe Journey Policy Holders
If you have a Safe Journey policy (purchased prior to the attack on 22 May 2017) and are travelling to or from Manchester Airport:
- If you are delayed by more than 48 hours on your outbound journey due to an act of terrorism occurring within 40 miles of your departure or arrival destination locations, you may elect to cancel your trip and claim for cancellation.
- If police require you to stay in Manchester as a witness and you miss your outbound departure, make sure you get a police accident report as you will be able to claim for cancellation.
Trips to Manchester (with an Annual Multi-Trip policy) from within the UK:
- If you had already booked and paid for accommodation within 40 miles of the attack, any time over the next 41 days, cancellation is covered should you prefer not to go.
- Domestic flights into Manchester Airport already booked for any time over the next 41 days would also be covered for cancellation.
Recent Blog Posts
- Is This The End Of Isis?
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 5/11/2019
- Terrorism In Germany
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 21/10/2019
- Is France Any Safer?
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 7/10/2019
- Thomas Cook Cancellations - What About Safety?
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 23/9/2019
- The Rise Of Right Wing Terrorism
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 9/9/2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016