Do you travel more than once each year?
If you do (and we don’t know many people who don’t!) you probably know that an Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance policy is likely to be a lot more cost-effective than buying a single trip policy every time you book a trip. The same is of course true for Safe Journey - you can get an Annual Multi-Trip policy from only £14.99 per person!
But did you know that there are a few conditions attached to these policies, and that they differ significantly between insurance providers?
Duration of the Policy
An Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance policy is valid for an unlimited number of trips within the 12 months (365 days) of cover:
- The start and end date will be provided on your policy summary.
- You can take as many trips as you like during the period of cover, as long as they comply with your policy’s terms and conditions relative to the duration.
- You will be covered for travel cancellations from the time you book a trip, as outlined in your policy wording, until either you travel or your policy expires, in which case you can choose to renew your annual policy.
How long can I travel for?
The Safe Journey Annual Multi-Trip policy allows up to 31 days for each individual trip.
- You can take an unlimited number of trips during your year of cover
- Each trip must be 31 days or less
- That means you must return home in between trips – if you spend three weeks in the USA, then fly to the Caribbean for two weeks, that counts as one trip and exceeds the 31-day limit.
- If the total duration of any single trip exceeds 31 days, then you would not be covered for any part of the trip and would need to buy a single trip policy instead. A Safe Journey single trip policy is valid for up to 180 days of continuous travel.
- If, on the other hand, you return home after the USA trip, and depart a week later for an island holiday (even if it’s a 30-day holiday) both trips would be covered.
Remember that not all policies have the same terms and conditions and your regular travel insurance may have a different duration for individual trips. Always read the policy wording!
General Travel Insurance
Your Safe Journey policy is unlikely to need any updating, but if you have an Annual Multi-Trip policy for your main travel insurance, you must make sure all details are up to date so it remains as effective as possible:
- Advise immediately if there are any changes in your pre-existing medical conditions, or if there are new conditions that need to be declared.
- If you’re booking a cruise, check if the cover provided is appropriate. If the cruise value is more than £3000 per person, we’d advise adding a specialist cruise insurance policy for that booking.
- Renew your policy as soon as it’s due to expire, to ensure continuous cover and take advantage of the best rates.
Having an Annual Multi-Trip policy ready and waiting gives you one less thing to worry about for grand vacations and quick last-minute getaways alike. You won’t have to rush to sort out travel insurance in between packing, finding a cat-sitter, buying more sunscreen because you forget you already have some... and all those other last-minute things!
Talk to us today and find out how an Annual Multi-Trip policy can save you time and money.
Recent Blog Posts
- UK Government Coronavirus Campaign
- Looking Forward To 2021 Journeys
- The Changing Face Of Terrorism
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 9/3/2020
- New Laws To Make Us Safer
- Coronavirus Update: 25/2/2020
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 25/2/2020
- Terrorism In The Maldives
- Coronavirus Update: What YouNeed To Know
- Travel Safety Round-Up: 10/2/2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016